Friday, April 9, 2010

Tough job market, tough times

In July I was laid off from my career in the airline industry. I was out of work for more than 6 months. I was not actively looking for a job for the entire 6 months, and I did get a job that I ultimately had to turn down, but even at that, the job search was not easy. It was a tough market with lots of highly qualified candidates vieing for the job right along with me.

But ultimately patience won out in the end. I was skimming the newspaper and came across a job that sounded ideal. I got that little flutter in my tummy and it just felt so right. I applied and have been with this great company since December. They have taken me on a familiarization trip to Southern California and just generally spoiled me rotten. I don't believe I will ever change companies again. I found my dream job!

No comments: