Friday, March 2, 2007

Outdoor Play Gyms

Looking for Outdoor Play Gyms I was getting pretty depressed. I could not find a nice one for under $1000, I had around half that to spend. Well, I got angry and decided that I would build my own.

I would highly suggest this to anyone that wants a nice Play Gym for many reasons. First of all, you can customize it to suit your children. I have one that adores the monkey bars and another that would be lost without a steering wheel. Rock wall... not so important to my kids. The point is, all children are individual and not all children need the extra expense of a fire pole. So they are customizable. Second, if you build it yourself, you can add on later. You can even leave the space to add on when you get the time and the money. Third is of course the money issue. You can build one for half the price you can buy one.

Home Depot carries all the accessories. The swings, the slides, the rock wall and the fire poles. Even the steering wheel. They sell brackets and hooks as well.

Now when it comes to wood, my experience has been that Lowe's has the best selection and nicest wood. The wood I bought at Lowe's compared to the wood I bought at Home Depot, was lighter and drier, in better shape, had less gouges and defects and was finished better. Now, I still sanded it to protect it from splintering and I sealed it before I put it together, to protect it further. But I do believe Lowe's to have the better selection of Redwood at least.

No comments: