Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Update on Nature Babies Preschool Class

I took my 3 year old and my 5 year old to the Ogden Nature Center's Nature Babies Preschool class and it was so cute. The kids had a ball! They started off with a song and dance, the kids got to act out different "nature baby animals" along with a song. Then they did some "finger plays" like Here is Peter, Here is Paul and followed that up with "nature babies Yoga" where they did some Yoga stretches acting like baby animals.

After the large group activities they broke into smaller groups and had three different activities. I the order we went, they made a darling baby chick out of a cotton ball and put it inside a plastic Easter Egg and then we walked out to the pond to see what baby animals we could see. That was followed by the kids planting some seeds and last, but not least, a darling story and snack time.

Once all the activities were over, we were able to wander around the nature center for the rest of the day. I wasn't prepared for that so we were not able to spend much time. Next time I will be better prepared.

The cost of the class was $3 per Child and Adults are free, that includes entrance to the Nature Center for the remainder of the day. It is for children ages 3 to 5 years of age. Check my activities link for dates and times of the next classes.

No comments: