Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fall is Fast Approaching

Fall is not as far away as it once seemed. I am finding myself enjoying the comforts of bigger sweaters in place of thin flirty shirts and chosing socks and shoes over fun flip flops. There is a definite chill in the air and the fire last night was just not quite warm enough. My cravings for hot cocoa, warm pumpkin bread and soothing soups are slowly waking from their summer slumber and my desire to fill my freezer with yummy icecream and cool treats is dwindling. I find myself sweeping the patio, cleaning out the planters and getting out the patio furniture covers. My gardening techniques have turned from nursing young helpless plantlings to harvesting the fruits of my labor. I find myself spending more time outdoors and my energy begining to renew. The heat of the day does not bothere me as much and I find the slight cooling refreshing and exciting. Fall is my favorite time of year. It encompasses everything that I love. The cooler weather, the fresh fruits and veggies, the wonderful fall foods and the beautiful colors of the leaves. I love a plate full of warm squash, pumpkin bread, corn on the cob and fresh tomatos. Gone are the sweltering days of summer and here come the calm and quiet days of Fall!

No comments: