Monday, November 9, 2009

If he won't do it.... then I will!

Now please don't get me wrong, I love my husband dearly and I appreciate all that he does do, however, I can get really frusterated at times over the stuff he DOESN"T do. And I do understand and sympathize with the fact that he has just SO much to do. My biggest problem of all is that he gets frusterated when I do it. It's not that he thinks I can't do it, he just thinks that I have enough of my own stuff to do and he gets embarrassed that he didn't get around to it.

Granted, I do have plenty of my own stuff to take care of without adding his to do list as well, but sometimes things just need to get done. So today, I did it.

I took the furnace motor that he repaired back to my mother's house and re-installed it in the furnace. Works like a gem! Then I went to Home Depot and bought my own caulking gun, a tube of high quality caulk and a couple of caulk removal and installation tools. I have since come home and removed the old caulk from the tub and cleaned it up so now it's ready for new caulk.

This is all very new to me. I have never done this kind of thing before but this was important! Not only has the old caulk given way and allowed the shower to flood my office in the basement, but it is also leaking to the outside of the house which tells me it is causing more problems than just soaking my basement carpet! So I had to get it done. And besides, it's not like I am installing granite tile or anything, I am simply spreading caulk. It seems to be alot like some of my crafts. And so far, it has been pretty easy. I'll let you know how the rest goes later.

No comments: