Thursday, November 8, 2007

Homemade Dinner? What's That???

I have been working so hard lately that my family and their dinners are suffering! But after all, taking 6 hours out of a mother's day is determental to the survival of the domestic home front! I mean really! How can you expect a woman to continue to get everything done that she normally gets done in an average day when you have just cut the day by 9 hours? A six hour a day job, in my case, can take up to 9 hours out of my day! I have to drive the hour to and from work, there's an extra two hours, plus getting ready, getting the kids ready to survive without me, with only their father for support and survival, a minimal help at that. There is another hour gone. Plus the six hours I spend away from the house, sitting behind a computer, earning just enough to pay for Christmas and my van, thinking about all the things that need to be done at home that are now being neglected in favor of the football game and Barbie dolls.

The bad thing is I love to cook! I love making fancy meals that require shredding, chopping and mixing. Unfortunatly, the mixing thing has come to a screeching halt as I broke my mixer trying to make Royal icing. I have always liked Hamilton Beach Mixers and now I am looking at an Eclectrics® Mixer by Hamilton Beach. Hoping that if I get it it will handle the abuse I put my kitchen gadgets through.



Growing up my Grandmother always had a Hamilton Beach Standing Mixer and so now, as an adult I can not handle having anything less! I have tried hand mixers and while they are much less expensive they are just too much work for me! I must have a stand mixer! No question about that!

Hopefully within the next couple of days I will have a new mixer and cooking dinner will become easier and get back into a normal routine. Then maybe my husband will become inspired by the wonderful food and decide that it would not kill him to clean the bathroom or do the laundry? Okay, so I am dreaming, but at least he is not cheering for my teams, so long as they are not playing against his. I guess that is the best I can hope for.


No comments: