Saturday, November 27, 2010

No Early Morning for me on Black Friday

When the turkey was gone and the dishes cleared, I plopped myself down on the couch and I scoured the ads, just like everyone else. I found some amazing deals! Some I just couldn't pass up. Then I saw the temperature outside. Ouch! No huge amount of savings or awesome coupons are going to get me to stand in any line in 15 degree weather. Sorry, not going to happen!

Instead, I decided to sleep in late, 8am anyway, and head out after the insanity. Toys R Us, not happening! They had been open since 10pm the night before and the checkout line still wrapped around the store. Thanks anyway. Next stop, Target. Much better. They were not as busy and they were only sold out of two of the items I wanted. Plus I got Levis for Little Man for only $6, Levis for Big C for $8, a DVD player for $20 and the best part was the Easy Bake I got for Ladybug was only $19! I had not seen any of those in the ad. Sweet deals!

After Target, I met up with my Mother and we headed over to big lots for my family gifts and stocking stuffers. I don't know why, but that has never been one of my favorite stores, but I got what I wanted and we headed to Ross. Yeah, that cost me, but then Ross Dress for Less always does. We finished up our shopping, stopped at ihop for breakfast and headed for home.

I picked up a few last minute items online before starting dinner. We rushed through dinner and zoomed down to the theater to catch Tangled in 3D. When we got there, there were still seats left for the next show time, but not together, so we opted to wait for the next one. We drove over to Denny's to get some hot cocoa while we waited and found Mindy and Chris having dinner. Of course, we crashed their dinner! It was great to see them and spend some time with them.

We stopped at the mall to kill a little more time and ended up in Radio Shack where I was introduced to a new phenomenon called Tea Cup Piggys. Wow. What to say about Tea Cup Piggys.... I got nothing, sorry. But Baby loves them! Unfortunately all the kids were with me so I had to shoo them out of the store so I could pick up the "essentials" I needed there.

Shopping done, it was back to the movies to get some treats and into our seats before the show started. It was such a cute show and watching my little ones reaching out as things floated by them was adorable. I loved spending time with my family. All in all, this was one of the best Black Fridays ever.

No comments: