Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Moving? Make It Easy On Yourself!

I am adding this under Tuesday Tips and Tricks because I am so impressed and I just don't think enough people know about this option! My friend T just moved here from South Carolina. She didn't have a HUGE house, but she had accumulated the things she needed to live. Furniture, books, computers you name it. Look around your house, you'll know exactly what I mean. Just lots of stuff.

Well, she was going to drive here but her little car was WAY to small to fit even the smallest of furniture, except, I think she did somehow manage the computer chair, without the wheels? She looked into renting a U-Haul truck but the price on a one way rental was astronomical! Then she found this thing called a Moving Pod!

I had never heard of any such thing! It's a portable storage container. They bring it to you, drop it at your doorstep (figuratively), leave it there while you load it and then when you are ready to go you schedule a pick-up, they load it up and haul it to your destination for you! Once there, they secure it in their storage lot until you are ready for it again and once again, they bring it to your doorstep for easy unloading! The whole idea ofmoving pods is just amazingly simple. But the best part about the whole thing was the price! Nearly half the price of a U-Haul, more than half the price of a moving company and yet, all the transportation is done for you. It is just such a convient option to regular moving, I can't believe I had never heard of it!

No comments: