Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stretch Your Laundry Detergent

I love this tip because it does SO much to stretch your budget. One of ht most expensive things I buy is Laundry Soap. I need something that will get the stains out and keep my kids clothes looking new and bright as long as possible. I can not afford to replace their clothes before they out grow them! I buy Tide, but it is expensive and with a family of 7 I got through it very, very quickly. But this little tip has helped to stretch the laundry soap just a little bit further and not break my budget.

Add 1/3 cup of baking soda to 2/3 cup Laundry Soap prior to adding to the wash. This will not only stretch your laundry soap but also helps to eliminate odors and keep them out of your clothes, as well. Baking soda is very inexpensive and easy to come by. But the biggest thing you have to remember with this trick is you need GOOD laundry soap to start with. This trick is not going to work with Purex or some of the other cheapish brands. Hopefully, this little trick will be as beneficial to you as it has been to me. Enjoy!

No comments: