Friday, April 13, 2007

Helping Others

Most of my posts on this blog are intended for the sole purpose of making the lives of mother's easier. However once in awhile I come across something that I find so wonderful and interesting that I feel the need to share it.

I received an e-mail today from a friend of mine and it talked about helping to feed abused and neglected animals. Something about every click earns them proceeds which they use to purchase food for these poor animals.

Now it really doesn't matter from whom I receive these types of e-mails, I will always check them out on Snopes, which is an Urban Legend website. Seldom do I come across a true one, so you can imagine my amazement when this one, of all, was listed as TRUE! Not only that, it gives more in depth information in to the how's and whys and even lists other sites that employ such strategies. I have listed them below. Just think, you can click on 1 website and 6 buttons a day and actually be making a difference!

The Animal Rescue Site

Once you have clicked on the link above it will take you to The Animal Rescue Site. At the top are 6 tabs.

The Hunger
The Breast Cancer
The Child Health Site
The Literacy Site
The Rainforest Site
The Animal Rescue Site

If you click on each of these tabs you will be taken to a new page with a new button to click to send assistance to these causes. Again, I checked this out on Snopes and they are legit. They are not non-profit and they do keep some of the proceeds, however, they are legit in sending a portion of the proceeds on and it costs you nothing.

No comments: