Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Work at Home

In my disclosure I tell you that I will not ever tell you something is great if I haven't personally tried it myself. I mention this because I went into this job with ALOT of scepticism. I have tried a myriad of pyramid schemes, work at home hypes and in-home "party" companies. Those of you who have been there know all about what I am talking about!

So here is the ONE legitimate, work from home job that I have found. I work for a company called Alpine Access, they are based out of Golden Colorado and were founded in 1999, I believe. In 2001 they were the fastest growing company in the small-business category and by 2003 it had jumped to third in the large business category having experienced a 194% gross revenue increase in those two years! Read the full article about it in The Denver Business Journal.

This is a legit company that you can really work from home. However, they are very picky in whom they hire. They only hire 15 to 20 percent of all who apply. Most people I know that got stopped up, got stopped at the recorded interview portion of the interview process. If you would like to apply and would like some support in getting through the interview process, you can add me to you yahoo messenger as utahsavvymom and we can chat more about it.

Some of the great things about this company are you tell them the times you are available to work and they schedule you according to that. Take my schedule for example. I have to pick my kids up from school late on Wednesdays so I set myself available to start working at 3:30, off at 4:30pm and back available from 5:15pm to 6:30pm. Giving myself that 45 minutes in the middle to go pick up my kids. Since I have told them I am unavailable during that 45 minutes, they will never schedule me, ever. I will usually work from 6am to 7:30am and then sign-off to get my kids ready for school and I will take the rest of the day to play with my little ones. Then I will usually sign on at 4pm when my oldest son is home and can watch the kids and I will work until 6pm. In the not-so-busy season, I will usually only get 10 to 15 hours, but there are other agents that get closer to 20 hours. During the busy times, I can get as many as 60 hours if I want them, which I don't. And I get paid $9 per hour.

When I found this company I was looking for another company that pays $0.25 per minute that you are on the phone, so if you are scheduled for a shift and no calls come in you have wasted all your time. With Alpine, they pay you if calls are coming in or not. They pay you for the entire time you are sitting at your computer.

I work on the 1-800-Flowers program, taking Customer Service and Sales calls for 1-800-Flowers.com. And I love it. However, there are many, many other programs that you could get on. All programs pay differently, for training as well. But there all sorts of programs. 1-800-Flowers is a year round and/or seasonal program with operating hours of 6am to 6pm during the off-season and 24 hours during the busy seasons, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and Christmas. There are other programs that are seasonal only or only year-round. Some have limited hours like mine others are 24/7. Some are only part time positions, many ask for full time 32 hours per week. It is very flexible.

Now, it gets even better! They have just recently started offering medical insurance through Atena as well as dental, life, disability and others. The great thing about this, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE EMPLOYED FULL TIME TO GET THESE BENEFITS!!!! Like I said, I am working part time and I was able to get myself and my children signed up for medical insurance! That is a huge benefit for me. Of course the $9 an hour to work from home, need no babysitter, no commute, I can get up 5 minutes before I need to be to work and my work clothes consist of comfy jammie's and slippers, well that all influences it too. This really is the best job I have ever had!

No comments: