Monday, June 25, 2007

Shopping Addiction Update

We are now, day into my new budget and I have found a few problems. We forgot to add in medical expenses. Emergency expenses, such as car troubles and such will come out of our savings, but medical expenses need to be added into the monthly budget.

The other problem I have found is I am having trouble staying in my budget. Yep, I am really struggling with it. So I need to work harder and get it back under control. Starting with a menu and grocery plan that will help us stay in our monthly budget. I have $300 a month planned out for food, but I did not allow for things such as soap, cat food, toilet paper, you know, the important things! Then I need to work on keeping closer track of what I spend. I have fallen back into some old habits of "swiping and running" and not entering the purchase into the checkbook register "until later" which of course, never comes.

So there you have my update. There are some struggles, but I am happy to report that all the bills are getting paid on time and while I have spent over and above my budget, we have not had any overdraft incidents!

For those of you who are struggling with the same problems, don't give up! We can get past this together! Good luck!

No comments: