Monday, September 24, 2007

Be Very Aware!

I went to see my doctor the other day and when she looked at my chart she realized that she, or in fact her receptionist had mis-recorded my illness in my paperwork and ultimately in the computer. She was explaining to me that she had entered it into her laptop correctly but their healthcare management software does not currently allow them to transfer their information from their in-room laptops to their main computer system because it would have to go over an insecure server and could possibly be viewed by someone other than the Doctor and staff and that would be in violation of the HIPA Privacy act. So, I guess when the nurse had entered the information into the main computer, my chronic illness became, chronic swollen toe! Oh, my swollen toe!

No comments: