Monday, September 10, 2007

Get Your H2O

I have really struggled, trying to get my daily recommended allowance of water every day. My doctor chastises me for being dehydrated all the time and promises me that if I would just drink enough water I would feel a lot better. Unfortunately, the only time I really drink water is when I can feel that my body needs to be cleansed. Now, if I were to drink water regularly, I am sure my body would not need to be cleansed on a regular basis. The water would already do that.

But the point is, I have learned that if I have a bottle of water with me regularly then I drink more often. As I work I have a bottle of water on my desk and a determination to drink it all before the half way day mark. So half way through my work day I have already drank a bottle of water. Then on my break I will refill it and add some Kool-Aid singles or a Poweraide single to it to give it some flavor and me some sugar to help me stay awake through the rest of the work day, or in my case evening as I am currently training from 6pm to midnight.

I have to tell you, getting that much water has really helped me feel better. I have more energy, I don't feel so weighted down, if that makes any sense and I just feel better all around.

No comments: