Friday, April 25, 2008

Another Way To Help

My parents are discussing moving into an assisted living situation, my dad is the one who wants to, my mother doesn't want to think about it. I don't know if my dad is worried about himself, worried about my mother if he dies or being able to take care of her because he's finding daily life so much more difficult. My mother has been having a lot of trouble with vertigo and I think my dad's afraid she'll fall and get hurt and that he won't be able to lift her to help. Scary. The whole thing is, my dad's always been a very physically active man.
I saw these walk in bathtubs and I think if they stay in their home, this would be a considerable weight off their minds. I like the idea that they have a seat available in the tub or shower. They look really good and they are made of safer acrylic instead of fiberglass which is supposed to be easier to clean. I've been discussing cleaning bathtubs with my friend, I don't think it's supposed to be so difficult to get a tub clean!
Besides my parents, my brother was crippled in an accident as a teen and hauls a chair into his shower every time. He keeps having to hire a cleaning woman because he can't do the work very well himself. Then 9/11 came along and he was hurt again, I thank God for those NY firemen! They're the only reason he's not dead today. Sorry, that was a digression I didn't need, always makes me want to cry. But I hate thinking of my brother alone in his home, he's fallen a couple of times and can't reach a phone. Things that make his life more manageable are always welcome.

No comments: