Tuesday, July 17, 2007

How About Real Estate Investing?

I want to know what people think about Real Estate Investing. I got on this subject the other day when I found out that some of the property near my recreation property is owned by a lady that never plans on using it. She is just going to sit on it and wait for it to increase in price and then sell it.

Now my first thought was "Why in the world would you spend some $90,000 and buy some of the most beautiful property I have ever seen and then never use it?" Then the answer hit me! We spent $90,000 six years ago to buy this property which I now know is worth well over $230,000. Okay, Now it makes more sense to me! And as my father so rightly pointed out, "God is not making anymore land. We, however, are quickly making more people."

So, who knows, investing in Land and Real Estate might not be such a bad idea.

No comments: