Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Warning Signs of a Stroke

"Act in Time
The American Heart Association and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute have launched a new "Act in Time" campaign to increase people's awareness of heart attack and the importance of calling 9-1-1 immediately at the onset of heart attack symptoms." And I thought it worth sharing.

For a couple of years now I have been having unexplained, acute, severe and momentarily debilitating headaches. I have always thought them strange as after the headache was gone, my eye or part of my face or even all the way down into my arm would be numb for some time afterwards. Of course I didn't think this was normal and I even mentioned it to my doctor who brushed it off as something unimportant. Well then I read the Stroke Warning Signs and it discribed my headaches perfectly! Well at this time it is alittle too late to call the doctor and make another appointment but you betcha I will in the morning. The really funny thing is I have always thought that I am way to young to be having Strokes, I am not even 30 yet! But boy was I wrong! Not only am I old enough it is alot more common that I had ever thought.

So here are some links to sites that I felt were worth reading:
Heart Attack, Stroke and Cardiac Arrest Warning Signs
Act in Time

No comments: