Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It's Camera Talk Time

I wanted to add my two cents to the camera craze. I have a perfectly lovely Nikon 360 35mm camera that I have been shooting with for nearly 4 years now and to be honest, I love it. However, I spend most of my time shooting in auto instead of playing with the aperture, shutter speed and such which I would really like to get more familiar with. So now I am looking into getting me a digital camera, something I can play with and not have to worry about how much it will cost to develop pictures that I completely mess up.

So I have always been a Canon fan. I love the Cannon D-10 and would even take the Cannon Digital Rebel. Both of which would set me back at least a grand. But then I got looking at the Canon Powershot. The A550 seems to be a nice little camera with 7.1 megapixel resolution and 4x Optical zoom. I worry that it won't have the capability to change your settings, I know you cannot upgrade the lens and I have never been a huge fan of the SanDisk memory cards (they are way more expensive than they should be and I have found them to be pretty unreliable), but all in all I am really starting to like this camera.

No comments: