Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Everyone's Getting "Decked Out"

Everyone's talking about jewelry lately; that may have something to do with a jewelry party someone's sister-in-law just gave. I rarely wear jewelry myself but I love it anyway! Back in SC, I signed my niece and I up for a jewelry making class - well, I considered it. It would have been wonderful, I don't even remember why I didn't ever take her. I think it's because I panicked at the thought of trying to be creative. They had a lot of options, it was for making REAL jewelry, your own creation. Oh, yeah, that's exactly why we didn't go, all my fault, I couldn't even design what I wanted to make at home before the class and the people weren't really instructors - they just made sure you had what you needed. I needed far more than oversight, I needed close instruction, better yet, someone to make it FOR me! :-) It was a fascinating idea, I probably should have done it.

If you want designer jewelry made by someone who already knows what she's doing, you may want to check the site I just linked. There's no chance that at the end, you'll have a piece that is oohed and aahed over when someone thinks your five year old made it in kindergarten!

But still, trying to make my own would have been fun. I think.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Lol! I always dreamed of designing jewelry, but I have zero creativity!

Anyway, I'm off to check out that site...thanks for the info on it!