Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tiny Phones and Renting Air

C.R. Morris from Cheaper By The Half Dozen left me a comment but I don't know what to do so I wrote a post about it. I managed to reply in the comment section of my OWN blog but how does that help her?
See, I would link her post but her title is totally different from what comes up in the search bar! I'm going to try it anyway, here goes:
Cheaper By The Half Dozen
My friend showed me how to make a link but it doesn't work in every situation. I don't know why. It's something about "alligator mouths" (that I call less than and greater than signs) and letter a's and parentheses and such.

Jocelyn left a message that said to link up with another site, that would be wonderful but I KNOW I don't know how to do that!

What C.R. told me is that she has a laptop, loves it and can take it everywhere! I still think I need something smaller, I had a laptop before. But maybe it's like cell phones - they used to be the size of a regular handheld, now you have to be careful not to drop it in your ear and lose it! A little laptop will be great.
She also said she has a wireless router. I have a router but it's not wireless, there are at least three wires hooked into it and it's hooked to another thing that has three wires in it. But they're different wires. Hmmm, at least I'm pretty sure one of them is the router.

How can I have a wireless provider anyway? What do you do, rent the airwaves around your laptop?! What happens if you walk around, do you rent a certain square footage? And how would anyone know which airwave signals my laptop is catching anyway?
Okay, I know that's not really how it works. You believe me, right?
****************************************
CLAIMER (as opposed to a disclaimer): Some of you may be dismayed at the number of computer illiterates clogging up cyberspace, but - here's the claim - it may just be me. I have several blogs and don't quite know how to run them. Maybe you just keep running into me.

Blogging is a lot of fun, reading them and writing them. I will eventually learn how to remember which name to use for comments (user name? sign in name? blog name? And which blog am I writing from this time anyway?) so I can comment on all the blogs I love to go to. At least I hope I'll soon learn, I have Notepad full of notes waiting for me to figure it out.
*****************************************

No comments: