Monday, October 8, 2007

The Beauty of a Grandfather Clock

I have always loved the beauty and timeless elegance that a Grandfather Clock lends to any room, be it a family room, sitting room or entry way. Grandfather clocks command attention and admiration. I have always wanted an Heirloom style Grandfather Clock to stand watch over my living room until I started looking at the Howard Miller grandfather clocks and saw Howard Miller's Contemporary collection. I immediately fell in love with the Urban Floor Clock It's precision and fine craftsmanship is absolutely gorgeous and would compliment my home beautifully. I can imagine it sitting in the sitting room in an apartment flat in Upstate New York. It just has such a contemporary, clean look to it.

Grandfather Clocks just have a timeless elegance to them that makes you think of old English mansions with an old Grandfather Clock in the sitting room, chiming the time for the kids to head to bed or the midnight hour. They have a mystique, an intrigue to them that few people, including myself can ignore. Some people have family heirlooms, passed down from generation to generation, and others have chosen to purchase their own and start an heirloom of their very own, something that their children will remember and will pass down to their children and grand children.

No comments: