Saturday, October 27, 2007

I Need A Personal Trainer

I went to the gym for the first time in many, many years yesterday and I decided one thing. I need a personal trainer worse than anyone in that entire gym. I am not fat by any means, I am not even overweight. In all reality, I am grossly underweight, which is exactly why I need to be in the gym. I need to build up some muscle, tone what I do have and try to get a handle on being more healthy.

However, I walked in to this room full of people that looked like they had a plan, a purpose and I stood there looking lost. One of the worker people came over to me and asked if she could help me out. She suggested that I start with the treadmills and then move on to the ellipticals . The tread what and elipti who's? What in the world was she talking about? But rather than looking stupid, I nodded my head like I had the faintest idea what she was talking about, waited for her to walk out the door and headed for the snack bar.

By the way, what is up with that? Why in the world would they have a snack bar in a gym? I mean if they had healthy food, I can see that, but NO! These guys had things like pizza, ice cream and those amazingly yummy pretzels. Oh yeah! That's what I am talking about. My trip to the gym ended in frustrated indulgence with a great big soft pretzel doused in butter and covered in salt, a large coke and a cup of soft serve ice cream! It's no wonder I don't feel any healthier!

No comments: