Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Traveling Help

I had no idea how many bags are "mishandled" by the airlines and airports until I started working for the Airline. Suddenly everything is becoming more and more clear to me. While only about 7% of bags are mishandled, think about that in terms of more than 1 billion people fly every year with baggage. Now do the math and tell me what you think?

Well, I had the opportunity to get my daughter a dog tag. They come in a wide range of colors with options of Sports logo's on them. As I was getting this for my daughter, I got a pink one with a cheerleading logo on it. I had her first and last name and our complete address engraved on it with the intent that she put it on her suitcase when we travel, that way, if her bag is lost, it can be returned in a timely manner, rather than shipped to a warehouse to sit and eventually be auctioned off to the general public.

But I was really amazed when it arrived. It was much, much nicer than I had expected. It was a gorgeous shade of pink, the engraving was easy to read and done very well, they even included a chain to go with it. But the most amazing thing to me was the quality of the workmanship and the quality of the product. It was a thick metal, much more so than most dog tags you see and it was obvious that someone has put a lot of time and care into the machines they use. I have seen many places that do engraving and their machines engrave too deeply and leave the sharp little edges around the letters or they engrave to softly and it is impossible to read.This one was done perfectly! No sharp edges, deep enough to easily read and prevent any type of abrasion rubbing it off. I am just completely impressed, I think I will need to get one for each of my other children now.

No comments: