Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cute Office Craft

I really liked this idea. You take a 22" x 30" piece of plywood and a piece of sheet metal the same size, or you can make it whatever size fits best into your office, and adhere the sheet metal to the surface of the plywood with a heavy bonding, red line tape is great for things like this. Then get 3/4 yard of your favorite fabric from the fabric store and wrap the plywood and sheet metal with it. Wrap it and pull it tight, you can even use some spray on adhesive to adhere the fabric to the sheet metal, but pull it tight enough to keep the fabric close to the wood, turn it over and staple the fabric to the plywood side.

You have just made your own personal magnetic memo board. It works great and I love mine. I do wish I had sprayed some adhesive to the sheet metal to help keep the fabric from being loose, but other than that, it is a great place to keep my many, many notes using my favorite magnets.

No comments: