Monday, August 20, 2007

Bowtie & Chicken Salad

This is one of my all time favorite summer salads. It is light and so easy to make. I even love the cashews and I am not a fan of nuts in things. I go pretty easy on the cashews and dressing, but heavy on the chicken, grapes and celery. This is a great recipe to make and take to family picnics or get together's and has been at every family get together we have had for years. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

1 box Bow Tie Pasta, boiled and drained
1 box Rotini Tricolor, boiled and drained
1 cup Celery chopped
2 stalks Green Onion chopped
1 can Pineapple tidbits, drained
4 Chicken Breasts, boiled and diced
2 cups Red Seedless Grapes
1 cup Cashew Halves
1 /2 cup Kraft Coleslaw dressing
1/2 cup Mayonnaise (Salad Dressing does not work in this recipe)

Boil and drain the chicken and pasta. Rinse and cool pasta, dice chicken. Dice Celery and onions. Drain Pineapple. Add all ingredients except the Coleslaw Dressing and Mayonnaise, which you will stir together in another bowl until well mixed. Then pour over and toss into the rest of the ingredients.

No comments: