Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Enjoy Your Children

Something that has taken me a long time to learn is to put aside my feelings of embarrassment and just enjoy my children being children. At the moment I have a three year old that insists on wearing her dress up dresses where ever we go. One day it is Cinderella or Snow White, then today it was a sequined flapper dress. As we had to take the older children bowling and I could not talk her out of wearing the outrageous outfit, I took her as is.

After the initial shock of seeing my youngest child running around in a flapper dress, I started realizing just how cute she was, running around the bowling alley like she owned the place and showing anyone that would pay attention her "bootiful dress". No one seemed to think this was odd, they all just kept commenting on how adorable she was.

What I learned from all this was, sit back and relax, let children be children and let your daughter wear her flapper dress, or animal jewelry or princess dress up gown and just watch and enjoy. These beautiful little children have the light of the world in their eyes and it is a beautiful thing to see.

No comments: