Thursday, August 2, 2007

Baptism Invitations

As I am coming up on the Baptism of my oldest Daughter I had really struggled trying to find just the right invitations at just the right price. Finally I found that I can create my own invitations through Walmart.com and with a little work in Microsoft Publisher, I was able to create just what I was looking for.

When all was said and done, I had the perfect invitations and the price was really reasonable. I spent $12 for 30 invitations with envelopes.

Tips:
  • If you want more than one picture, resize them, organize them on an 4x6 canvas, lock it together and then save it as a .jpg file. Then upload that file into Walmart.com and into one of their pre-designed cards.
  • If you would like something other than the white background behind your pictures, search the web for scrapbook papers, until you find the background you would like. Click on the scrapbook paper to enlarge it as large as it will go, then right click on the image and click "save image as" and save it to your desktop as a .jpg. Then open it into your publisher program, crop and resize it to fit onto a 4"x6" canvas. Then lay your photos on top of it. Then save it as above and upload it to your card.
  • To use fancy fonts, add it in your publisher, lock it in as part of the picture and save it.
  • Center your pictures with plenty of room around the edges as some of the cards will cut into your picture drastically unless you have a good edge.

No comments: