Thursday, August 23, 2007

MSG's Harmless or Not?

I went to see my Doctor the other day, concerned about one particular area of concern. The fact that at most restaurants I go to, especially buffets, after or sometimes while eating, I would get very, very sick to my stomach, resulting in both or either diarrhea or nausea and vomiting. This concerned me because I love to eat and I do not always want to have to cook. So restaurants are a huge highlight in my life.

Well, the doctors response was, I am allergic to MSG's. Now, while I had heard of MSG's and MSG allergies before, who hasn't, I had never put much thought or effort into find out much about them. When I did, wow, was I surprised!

Check out what these guys have to say, and be prepared to be just a little frightened. This is some serious stuff. MSGTruth.org. Just reading over that, I am a little inclined to frequent restaurants that do not use MSG's at all and stay away from products that do use them.

No comments: