Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Perfect Baptism Dress

I am so excited about this dress pattern that I have found to use for my daughters Baptism Dress. In all actuality it is not a dress pattern but a nightgown pattern which is one of the things that makes it just perfect! It is long and relatively close fitting so as to prevent too much floating and it is a very simple yet elegant pattern that is very easy to sew.

It is a Butterick See & Sew pattern number B4005 simply called Children's/Girls' Nightgown, Top and Pants and it is only $2.99 on line or at Joann's. I used Crepe Back White Satin to give it a more formal look and I used a pretty flower Ribbon to finish the front, using the excess to make a hair band for her.

I am so impressed with how well this turned out that I will be making another identical one for her younger sister and possibly for her baby sister as well.

No comments: