Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Milk Fairies

This has been a long standing thing that my kids just love, although, one of them has finally out grown it. It has also been a long time since we employed this magic. It's called "Milk Fairies". The "Milk Fairies" come once a week and leave milk and other items in a cooler on our doorstep. Now to an 8 year old, a 5 year old and a 3 year old, this is pure magic and nothing is better than running down the stairs every Wednesday morning, throwing open the door and peeking in the cooler to see if the "Milk Fairies" really came again.

This never, ever gets old for them. My oldest son however, has become disenchanted with this. He knows exactly how that milk gets in there and where it comes from and that I have to pay for it. However, he still gets immense joy out of waking up and yelling to the little ones "do you think the milk fairies came again?"

Now, it is with much embarrassment that I admit that I pay nearly $1 more per gallon of milk, loaf of bread, block of cheese and dozen eggs, just to have them arrive at my doorstep with no effort at all on my part. However, in my defense, it saves me gas, as if I did not have it delivered, I would be at the store at least three times a week, it saves me time for the same reason and it saves me money because every time I am in a store it is another opportunity for me to spend frivolously.

But if you have the desire to spend less time at the grocery store and instead have the "Milk Fairies" deliver directly to your doorstep, then I would suggest taking a minute to visit the website of Winder Farms and take a look around. Not only do they have milk and cheese and bread, they also have meats, fresh fruits and veggies, yogurts, juices, baked goods and tons more! But again, they are more expensive than Wal-Mart, but it is healthier and all organic and best of all, it appears on your doorstep, every week, with out fail, thanks to the "Milk Fairies"!

No comments: