Thursday, August 2, 2007

School Supply Lists

I am curious as to how many people, having registered their children for school, have the enormously long lists of school supplies, or if I have just become unreasonably spoiled living in the city in which I live.

My three oldest children were registered for school on the 1st of August and their list of school supplies included: A Book bag and A Pencil Case. That's it. Nothing more.

Then my husbands ex registered my step-daughter for school and comes to us with a list that nearly fills an 8x11 sheet of paper! I am talking Book bag, 12 #2 pencils, 12 Glue Sticks, 2 boxes of Tissue, 2 rolls of paper towels, 1 package of highlighters, 1 package of erasers, and the list goes on and on!

I think this is just plain silly! I understand that they are registered in different school districts but the school districts are very, very close and I just don't see the reasoning for the huge difference. So I am wondering if, by leaving me a comment, you could share your thoughts on this matter as well as your child's school supply list to compare.

No comments: